The schedule for January '07 is shown below:
- 3rd, Wednesday: Orientation on campus.
- 4th, Thursday: Orientation on campus.
- 5th, Friday: Leave Tampa for Tokyo.
- 6th, Saturday: Arrive in Tokyo.
- 7th, Sunday: Imperial Palace; Metropolitan Building
- Observatory; Shinjuku area.
- 8th, Monday: Coming of Age Day (Seijin Nohi) at Meiji Shrine;
- Harajuku area; Shibuya station.
- 9th, Tuesday: Japanese language classes begin at the Edo
- Cultural center and continue every morning; Akihabara & Tokyo Anime Center.
- 10th, Wednesday: Tokyo Anime Center (post-recording
- experience); Fukagawa Edo Museum.
- 11th, Thursday: Ueno; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum;
- Ueno Zoo or Tokyo National Museum.
- 12th, Friday: Sumo wrestling at Kokugikan stadium; Edosawa
- restaurant for chanko nabe (sumo) dinner.
- 13th, Saturday: Day trip to Kamakura; Daibutsu (Great Buddha
- of Kamakura); temple and shrine visits.
- 14th, Sunday: Festivals; Kanchu Suiyoku (midwinter bathing
- ritual) at Teppozu Inari Shrine or Daikoku Matsuri (burning of the Old New Year's decorations) at Kanda Myojin Shrine.
- 15th, Monday: Setagaya Boro Ichi (flea market)
- 16th, Tuesday: Walking Tours.
- 17th, Wednesday: Ghibli Museum; Kichijoji or Shinjuku.
- 18th, Thursday: Asakusa Temple and Mooja Okuri ceremony;
- Kappabashi (Kitchen Town).
- 19th, Friday: Edo-furin glass blowing.
- 20th-21st, Saturday & Sunday: Trip to Nikko. Stay at a
- minshiku; visit Nikko World Heritage sites, including Toshogu Shrine, Rinnoji, and Futarasan Shrine.
- 22nd, Monday: Walking Tour II; Zen meditation.
- 23rd, Tuesday: Ginza and Kabuki for exploration and two
- plays: Shunkyo Kagami Jishi (Young Yayoi and the Spirit of the Lion) and Kirare Otomi (Scarface Otomi).
- 24th, Wednesday: Museum visits.
- 25th, Thursday: Tea ceremony, Tokyo Tower.
- 26th, Friday: Tsukiji fish market, free time, farewell dinner.
- 27th, Saturday: Leave Tokyo and arrive in Tampa.
- 30th, Tuesday: Spring 2007 Term begins.
Photos by the students.
Updates on our daily experiences.