How do I get started?
A guide to getting started with the on-line Course Materials site (Moodle)
- Go to MyEckerd (http://my.eckerd.edu)
- Click on the "Moodle Courses" link near that top of the page.
- Check the upper right corner. If you are not logged in, click the login link and log in using your Eckerd College email user name and password. (Your user name is the part of your email address that comes before the "@" symbol.)
- The courses you are currently enrolled in will be listed. Click on the course you wish to access.
- To access courses from a prior term, click on the "Prior Terms" link at the top of the page and select the Moodle term you wish to access. You probably will have to log in again at the Prior Terms site.
- To make changes at the site you will need to "Turn editing on." This is a button at the top right of the course page. When you are finished making changes, be sure and turn editing off to see the pages as others see them.
- When you turn editing on some new links will appear on the page allowing you to add activities and resources and to edit everything on the page. Also, some icons will appear at various places throughout the Moodle site. If you hover over an icon, information pops up telling you what the icon does. These icons are also described in the next wiki.